With the blessing of His Eminence, Metropolitan Demetrius, St. Xenia Camp will open for its 23rd season August 18th through 24th, 2019 in Fryeburg, Maine. Through the intercessions of St. Xenia of St. Petersburg, and through the efforts of many who have worked tirelessly to bring the camp to where it is today, St. Xenia Camp continues to grow, providing Orthodox youth ages 8-16 a unique opportunity for recreation, fellowship, and spiritual growth.
Quality counselors represent the backbone of the camp. We are recruiting young adults for counselor positions to serve as mentors and role models for our campers. Once accepted, you will be provided valuable online training in preparation for a day of in-person training on the Saturday before camp begins (August 18th). Your participation will create lasting memories for both you and our campers!
The foundation of the camp is the charitable spirit of its committed volunteer support staff. We seek certified adults for lifeguard and nursing staff, and qualified and responsible adults for crews in Arts & Crafts, the Kitchen, and on our Activity Support Staff. Through shared service in Christ comes its own opportunity for fellowship and spiritual growth—if you are able, please consider joining us!
Please visit http://saintxeniacamp.org/ for more information on all of these opportunities- online registration for campers will open soon, and online applications for counselors and support staff are now being accepted. We hope you can join us for this unique and wonderful experience of spiritual invigoration, growth and fun!
If you cannot offer alms in the form of volunteer service, you can still help keep the cost of camp affordable for all. With nearly $22,000 in expenses last year, we hope you will consider financially supporting the mission of the camp in one of the following ways:
● Sponsor a camper—help a parish or family give their youth a unique Orthodox experience, by supporting our camper scholarship fund.
● Set the table—help our kitchen fuel the camp with fasting feasts for all ages. With nearly 200 in camp last year, that’s a lot of mouths to feed!
● Keep us moving—help us save the backs of our volunteers by leaving the heavy-lifting to the camp pick-up truck. We’re looking for help with a rental, loaner, or purchase/donation of an “oldie-but-goodie”.
● Volunteer transit—with many of our volunteers flying into regional airports, we’re looking for help with rental of a passenger van (also driven by volunteers) from Boston to Maine.
● Stock the studio—help our arts and crafts staff inspire the creative gifts of our campers. We bring it all with us, but send it all home!
● Energize through exercise—help our activities coordinators motivate a spirit of teamwork and adventure, from bussing to excursions in the White Mountains region, to equipment for our Activities on the Green.
● Keep us safe and on schedule—help our directors, nurses, and office staff keep the camp well-trained, well-supplied and organized.
● Sponsor a counselor—while many our our youth choose to volunteer as counselors, many are college students in need of assistance with transportation costs, and our modest $100 stipend. Help them serve our youth by supporting our stipend and scholarship fund.
The St. Xenia Camp Directors
Εις την εφημερίδα «Ελεύθερην Ώραν» της 6-8-2009 (ν.η.) ανγράφεται το ακόλουθον δημοσίευμα υπό τίτλον «Ο Γράψας, ο Παϊσιος και η Προφητεία!»:
«Για τον στρατηγό Δ. Γράψα υπήρχε άλλη Προφητεία. Την φοβήθηκαν.
Από καιρό κυκλοφορεί η προφητεία του γέροντα Παΐσιου… Βέβαια, άλλο προφητεία, άλλο πραγματικότητα… Αλλά, κάπου υπάρχει μία άκρη! Read more...
St. John of Kronstadt Orthodox Church began as a mission parish in the year 2000, in a home chapel in Palm Coast, FL – a small town on Florida’s northeast coast located between St. Augustine and Daytona Beach. After two years, it became necessary to have services in area community centers, rented for Sundays and other Holy Days. Read more...