On Wednesday December 19, 2013/January 1, 2014 the Holy Eparchial Synod of the Church of the Genuine Orthodox Christians in America convened in a regular session via conference-call and discussed the following items on the agenda:
1. The dates and locations of the 2014 Clergy Synaxis and the 2014 Youth and Family Conference were discussed.
2. A committee was appointed to translate the 2009 draft of the Constitution of the Holy Metropolis of America.
3. A report was heard on the recent visit of a delegation of our Church to the Romanian Orthodox Old Calendar Church under His Eminence Metropolitan Vlasie, and developments in the Dialogue between the Church of the G.O.C. of Greece and the Orthodox Ecclesiastical Community of those in Resistance.
4. Recommendations were made concerning a clergyman of our Church in America.
5. The compilation of a list of candidates for the Metropolitan throne of America was postponed pending the translation into English of the By-Laws for the Election of Hierarchs in use in our Church.
Saints Peter and Paul Orthodox Church is a beautiful mission parish near downtown Tucson, a city in southern Arizona. It was started in 1997 by Father John Bockman, who was a missionary Priest formerly serving missions in Tennessee and Massachusetts since 1990. Father John served the faithful in Tucson and the surrounding area in his home Chapel until his repose in November of 2000. His wife, Presbytera Valerie, continued to make her home Chapel available for the mission, with clergy from Saint Nectarios Orthodox Church in Seattle and His Eminence, Metropolitan Moses of Toronto (then of Portland), visiting to provide the Divine Services.Read more...