On Wednesday December 19, 2013/January 1, 2014 the Holy Eparchial Synod of the Church of the Genuine Orthodox Christians in America convened in a regular session via conference-call and discussed the following items on the agenda:
1. The dates and locations of the 2014 Clergy Synaxis and the 2014 Youth and Family Conference were discussed.
2. A committee was appointed to translate the 2009 draft of the Constitution of the Holy Metropolis of America.
3. A report was heard on the recent visit of a delegation of our Church to the Romanian Orthodox Old Calendar Church under His Eminence Metropolitan Vlasie, and developments in the Dialogue between the Church of the G.O.C. of Greece and the Orthodox Ecclesiastical Community of those in Resistance.
4. Recommendations were made concerning a clergyman of our Church in America.
5. The compilation of a list of candidates for the Metropolitan throne of America was postponed pending the translation into English of the By-Laws for the Election of Hierarchs in use in our Church.
Refutation of an “Encyclical Sermon” by a Hierarch of the New Calendar Orthodox Church of Greece and a Wily Denigrator of Anti-Ecumenists and “Old Calendarists” Who Have Walled Themselves Off From His Church
by His Grace, Bishop Clement of Gardikion, Secretary of the Holy Synod
Jonesboro is a town located near the Eastern border of Arkansas, with a population of approximately 60,000. From a human standpoint, it’s not the most likely candidate for a traditional Orthodox mission, but for an Orthodox Christian who orders his priorities around Christ and His Church, it makes perfect sense. Read more...
Q. In considering becoming part of the GOC in America, I am getting warnings from various circles that the attitude of GOC people is that of being “walled off,” “arrogant,” “judgmental,” and “in your face” toward those not in the Genuine Orthodox Church, with accusations such as “World Orthodox” priests are “not even Christians” and the like. Could you give me your personal, realistic assessment of this dynamic and possibly refer me to an official statement on how GOC members should and do relate to and communicate with those in “World Orthodoxy”? Read more...