On Wednesday December 19, 2013/January 1, 2014 the Holy Eparchial Synod of the Church of the Genuine Orthodox Christians in America convened in a regular session via conference-call and discussed the following items on the agenda:
1. The dates and locations of the 2014 Clergy Synaxis and the 2014 Youth and Family Conference were discussed.
2. A committee was appointed to translate the 2009 draft of the Constitution of the Holy Metropolis of America.
3. A report was heard on the recent visit of a delegation of our Church to the Romanian Orthodox Old Calendar Church under His Eminence Metropolitan Vlasie, and developments in the Dialogue between the Church of the G.O.C. of Greece and the Orthodox Ecclesiastical Community of those in Resistance.
4. Recommendations were made concerning a clergyman of our Church in America.
5. The compilation of a list of candidates for the Metropolitan throne of America was postponed pending the translation into English of the By-Laws for the Election of Hierarchs in use in our Church.
The “Father of Fathers, the Thirteenth Apostle and the Judge of the World (as his pheme states), Pope and Patriarch of Alexandria, Theodore sent a message to the Muslims of Egypt upon the feast of Ramadan. It is as follows:
“The most sacred month of the Islamic calendar, the chief month of personal worship and great awareness of the Divine for every faithful Muslim ends today with the festive, joyous season of Eid al-Fitr. Read more...
Saints Peter and Paul Orthodox Church in Tucson, AZ, is a beautiful mission parish near downtown Tucson, a city in southern Arizona. It was started in 1997 by Father John Bockman, who was a missionary priest formerly serving missions in Tennessee and Massachusetts since 1990. Read more...
Q. Are the prayers in the blue prayer book [A Prayerbook for Orthodox Christians by the Holy Transfiguration Monastery —ed.] compulsory for everyone? I mean their morning prayers and the service of Small Compline. My confessor gave me a special rule but wasn’t clear about whether this replaced the book prayers or was in addition to them. Read more...