On Wednesday December 19, 2013/January 1, 2014 the Holy Eparchial Synod of the Church of the Genuine Orthodox Christians in America convened in a regular session via conference-call and discussed the following items on the agenda:
1. The dates and locations of the 2014 Clergy Synaxis and the 2014 Youth and Family Conference were discussed.
2. A committee was appointed to translate the 2009 draft of the Constitution of the Holy Metropolis of America.
3. A report was heard on the recent visit of a delegation of our Church to the Romanian Orthodox Old Calendar Church under His Eminence Metropolitan Vlasie, and developments in the Dialogue between the Church of the G.O.C. of Greece and the Orthodox Ecclesiastical Community of those in Resistance.
4. Recommendations were made concerning a clergyman of our Church in America.
5. The compilation of a list of candidates for the Metropolitan throne of America was postponed pending the translation into English of the By-Laws for the Election of Hierarchs in use in our Church.
Εις την εφημερίδα «Ελεύθερην Ώραν» της 6-8-2009 (ν.η.) ανγράφεται το ακόλουθον δημοσίευμα υπό τίτλον «Ο Γράψας, ο Παϊσιος και η Προφητεία!»:
«Για τον στρατηγό Δ. Γράψα υπήρχε άλλη Προφητεία. Την φοβήθηκαν.
Από καιρό κυκλοφορεί η προφητεία του γέροντα Παΐσιου… Βέβαια, άλλο προφητεία, άλλο πραγματικότητα… Αλλά, κάπου υπάρχει μία άκρη! Read more...
Saints Peter and Paul Orthodox Church in Tucson, AZ, is a beautiful mission parish near downtown Tucson, a city in southern Arizona. It was started in 1997 by Father John Bockman, who was a missionary priest formerly serving missions in Tennessee and Massachusetts since 1990. Read more...
October 12-14, 2018
Cathedral of Saint Nektarios
1223 Dovercourt Road
Toronto, Ontario, M6H 2Y1
An Orthodox Christian Worldview
Q. There seems to be a lot of variation in how people observe fasting, but my confessor told me to fast from oil on Wednesday and Friday. Oil is a pretty vague category, though, and I was wondering if I could get a more explicit description of what kinds of food and drink are excluded on strict fast days. Read more...